PEPPERMINT “A Powerful Partner”.
100% pure, natural, Organic, Fair Trade, Peppermint Essential Oil. 15 mls/0.5 oz. Unadulterated, Unfiltered, Undiluted, Vegan. No: fillers, additives, bases or carriers added. Paraben free, cruelty free.
- Latin name: Mentha piperita
- Family: Lamiaceae (Labiate)
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Blossoms and plant
- Farming Method: Certified Organic, Fair Trade
- Country of Origin: India
- Size: 15 mls
Description: invigorating, powerful, sweet, minty, menthol
Used historically to Help:
- REVITALIZE in cases of a tired mind, lethargy, exhaustion
- REDUCE inflammation and pain/discomfort associated with headaches, muscle aches, cold and sinus congestion
- RELIEVE digestive issues, stomach cramps, indigestion, nausea, motion sickness
- EASE muscle spasms, motion sickness, menstrual cramps
- COOL hot flashes and fever as well as intense emotions
- CALM dizzy spells
- IMPROVE difficulty breathing when suffering with cold symptoms as well as helping with clarity of thought and concentration
Some methods of use include:
- Diffuse: add up to 4 drops to 3-4 oz (100 mls) water in your diffuser or to a pot of hot water once removed from heat source.
- Steam Inhalation: no more than 1 drop peppermint either on its own, or added to a total of 2 drops other essential oils such as, Eucalyptus or lavender (or 1 of each), in a pot of boiled water that has been removed from the heat and with closed eyes, inhale the steam for 1-2 min. For a more intense experience, make a tent over your head and the pot with a towel to keep the steam contained. Use steam inhalations with care as steam is very hot. Great for colds, flu, sinusitis, bronchitis and sore throat.
- Topical application: must be well diluted 0.5% - 3% in carrier oil, or unscented cream or lotion. Apply to abdomen for upset stomach-start at upper tummy on right side, accross top of belly just under rib cage and down left side and around again in a few circles.
- Massage: in to sore, tense muscles; temples, forehead, along hair line, or back of neck, for headache pain or migraine; on chest or under nose for congestion, or to the lower abdomen for menstrual cramps. Place 1-2 drops on a cotton ball and smell periodically in the case of motion sickness. Keep cotton ball in a small, sealed, glass container to keep scent longer.
- Bath: Add 3-4 drops peppermint first to 1 Tablespoon honey or milk, then to the bath for symptoms of PMS or menopause, or when you need to feel energized if tired/lethargic
- To deter mice, place several drops around any possible entry way vermin can access-they don't like the scent of peppermint!
- Blends well with: Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Cedarwood, Rosemary, Pine, Cypress and Thyme
Floral note: Top
Composition: Menthol, menthone, mentyl acetate, menthofuran, limonene, pulegone, cineol.
Caution: May irritate sensitive skin, use in moderation and in low concentration (0.5% - 2%).
Do not use in pregnancy. Do not take essential oils internally. Peppermint Essential Oil is not compatible with homeopathic treatment. As Peppermint is stimulating to the mind it is best used early in the day. If used in the evening it may be more difficult to fall asleep at night.
Please read our 'How to Use' page for important information before using Essential Oils and for further details.