Organic White Basmati Rice - 500 grams.
Organic White Basmati Rice is a fragrant Indian traditional rice with long, slender grains and slightly nutty flavor and contains large numbers of carbohydrates, protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients and is widely accepted as a very healthy rice. While white rice is generally classed as high-glycemic (faster conversion to sugar in blood), White Basmati rice is low-glycemic and beneficial for diabetics.
The word ‘Basmati’ means ‘the prince of fragrance’. The special fragrance is due to a plant compound called 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline. This compound is found in basmati rice at 90 parts per billion. That’s about 12 times more than in other rice varieties and gives basmati its special aroma.
Suggested Cooking Instructions:
- Rinse the rice a few times
- Soak overnight if you have time.
- Combine 1 part rice to 1 and a half parts fresh water in a pan.
- Cover and cook rice until all water has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steam for 10 minutes.
- Lightly fork the grains and serve.
For optimum freshness keep in a cool place away from moisture and direct sunlight. Store in a tightly sealed container. Please note, our packaging is biodegrable, and is not suitable for long term storage. We suggest you transfer your products to a sealed container upon receipt.
- White rice is softer and more absorbent so goes really well with curries and chilli hot pots.
- We have also discovered that it makes a great fragrant rice pudding – with organic nutmeg, cinnamon and coconut sugar!