Organic Short Grain Brown Rice is a basic brown rice variety perfect for a wide range of warming dishes. It is called short grain as it has a shorter, rounder appearance than its more slender counterpart – long grain rice. Brown rice is popular in the world of wholefood as it contains the outer hull of the grain. This germ/bran layer contains added nutrition and fibre. The outer layer gives brown rice a slightly longer cooking time than white rice and it has more bite once cooked. This short grain brown rice cooked up into a softer grain than long grain or basmati so it is a great accompaniment to curries and stews.
Allergen Information: Packed on premises that handle gluten, tree nuts, sesame, soya, peanuts.
- Rinse the rice a few times
- Soak overnight and rinse again if you have time.
- Combine 1 part rice to 1.5 parts fresh water in a pan
- Add salt now if you want.
- Boil for 10 minutes and then simmer for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving
For optimum freshness keep in a cool place away from moisture and direct sunlight. Store in a tightly sealed container. Please note, our packaging is biodegrable, and is not suitable for long term storage. We suggest you transfer your products to a sealed container upon receipt.