Organic Long Grain Brown Rice is a simple brown rice variety perfect for a wide range of dishes. Organic Long Grain Brown Rice is a whole grain rice that has its germ and bran intact. Nutty in flavor, brown rice is tender yet chewier in texture over white rice.
Unlike white rice, brown rice contains the outer hull of the grain. This germ/bran layer contains added nutrition and fibre. The outer layer gives brown rice a slightly longer cooking time than white rice and it has more bite once cooked. This dense chewy texture makes it a nourishing addition to any rice recipe and it works well in rice salads, keeping its shape and flavour.
Allergen Information: Packed on premises that handle gluten, tree nuts, sesame, soya, peanuts.
- Rinse the rice a few times
- Soak overnight if you have time.
- Combine 1 part rice to 1 1/2 parts fresh water in a pan.
- Add salt now if you want.
- Boil for 10 minutes and then simmer for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving
For optimum freshness keep in a cool place away from moisture and direct sunlight. Store in a tightly sealed container. Please note, our packaging is biodegrable, and is not suitable for long term storage. We suggest you transfer your products to a sealed container upon receipt.