100% pure, natural, Organic, Sweet Orange Essential Oil 15 mls/0.5 oz.
Unadulterated, Unfiltered, Undiluted, Vegan. No: fillers, additives, bases, or carriers added. Paraben free, cruelty free.
- Latin name: Citrus reticulata
- Family: Rutaceae
- Extraction Method: Cold pressed expression
- Plant Part: Peel
- Farming Method: Conventional Farming
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Size: 15 mls
Description: deliciously sweet and fresh citrus, with a depth to its undertones and a hint of bitter. Peacefully uplifting.
Used historically to Help:
- LIFT the spirits, or mood when feeling “blue”, helps with Seasonal Affective Disorder, or S.A.D.
- CALM digestive upset, indigestion, hiccoughs
- SOOTHE the mind and emotions, great for stress and anxiety
- SETTLE nervous exhaustion, the overly active and in the case of insomnia
- DETOXIFY systems of the body
- SUPPORT healthy biological cleansing functions of the kidneys and liver, tissue fluid movement, blood flow and lymph drainage
Some Methods of Use Include:
- Diffusion: 4-8 drops/100 mls, (3-4 oz) water in your diffuser or to a pot of hot water once removed from heat, to cheer you or to calm anxious feelings. Also diffuse at night for children or adults to help settle for falling asleep
- Bath: dd 4-8 drops first to a Tablespoon of milk or honey, then to a full bath to help detoxify or support body systems to rid cells of waste; to elevate mood or calm with stress or nervous exhaustion.
- Skin application: Dilute up to 2 drops/teaspoon of carrier oil, unscented cream or lotion and apply to abdominal area for digestive issues, gas, indigestion, hiccoughs.
- Dilute up to 2% max in carrier oil for full body massage.
- Blends well with: other citrus essential oils such as Bergamot and Lemon, sweet spices such as Cinnamon, Clove and Nutmeg, florals, such as Orange Blossom and Rose, and wood oils such as Sandalwood.
Floral note: Top
Composition: limonene, methyl methylanthranilate, geraniol, citral, citronellal
Cautions: Mandarin Essential Oil is very mild, non-irritating, non-sensitizing and non-toxic, and most people love its fragrance, therefore it's a great choice for use with children, those in fragile health and the elderly, but with these populations, always dilute by half, what you would use for adults, i.e., 4-8 drops in a bath for adults is 2-4 drops for children, elderly or frail individuals.
Most citrus essential oils, including red mandarin, make the skin photosensitive. This means they attract and increase the effects of UV rays on the skin, possibly causing pigmentation. This includes natural as well as simulated sunlight, such as that used in tanning salons. When applying citrus essential oils to the skin, they need to be well diluted, (0.5% – 2% max.), in carrier oil, lotion, or cream and you should not expose unprotected skin, (where the citrus oil was applied), to the sun for at least 24 hrs following application. Citrus Essential Oils should be used within 6 months of opening.
Please read our 'How to Use' page for important information before using Essential Oils and for more detailed instructions.