LEMONGRASS Essential Oil 'the Fragrant herb'.
100% pure, natural, Organic, Lemongrass Essential Oil 15 mls/0.5 oz.,
Unadulterated, Unfiltered, Undiluted, Vegan.
No: fillers, additives, bases, or carriers added. Paraben free, cruelty free.
Latin name: Cymbopogon flexuosus
Family: Poaceae, (Gramineae)
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Plant Part: Grass, fresh and partly dried
Farming Method: Certified Organic
Country of Origin: India
Size: 15 mls
Description: grassy, cooling, lemon, forest floor
Used historically to Help:
- FIGHT and kill infectious agents including bacteria and fungus, great for athlete's foot
- REPEL insects, including fleas, ticks and lice
- REDUCE stress and fever, muscle and headaches, perspiration and acne
- TONE tissues, skin, muscles
- SETTLE nervous exhaustion, digestive issues including symptoms of indigestion and colitis
- ENCOURAGE healthy circulation
- DEODORIZE body and air
Some Methods of Use Include:
- Diffuse: 2 drops lemongrass and 3 drops lavender/100 mls (3-4 oz) water in your diffuser or in a pot of steaming water once removed from heat, as an antiseptic room scent
- Foot Bath: Add 2 drops lemongrass, 2 drop tea tree 1 drops lavender and 1 drop peppermint to 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar, then add 1 Tablespoon of the blend to a large bowl of very warm water for athlete's foot bath
- Skin application: Add 1-2 drops to 1 Tablespoon of unscented cream or lotion and apply to the skin for excessive perspiration
- Add 1 drop lemongrass, 2 drops peppermint/Tablespoon carrier oil, and apply to abdomen in case of indigestion
- Multi use recipe: Add 1 drop lemongrass 2 drops lavender and 1 drop tea tree to 1 Tablespoon carrier oil and apply to skin in case of exhaustion, or headache, to treat muscle aches, or acne
- Deter fruit flies: Add 1 drop Lemongrass, 3 drops Eucalyptus, 2 drops Tea Tree and 1 drop Lavender, to 1 teaspoon vinegar then to 100 mls water in a spray bottle. Shake well each time before use to keep insects away
- Blends well with: Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Lavender, Patchouli, Bergamot, Thyme and Ginger
- Floral note: Top
- Composed mainly of: Citral, dipentene, linalol, geraniol
Caution: Lemongrass may cause skin irritation in some individuals and has a very strong scent so only use only in low dilution, up to 0.5%. Please read our 'How to Use' page for important information before using Essential Oils and for more detailed instructions.