LAVENDER Essential Oil. 'the universal healer'
100% pure, natural, HopeWind Healths Organic Lavender Extra Essential Oil, 15 mls/0.5 oz. Unadulterated, Unfiltered, Undiluted, Vegan. No: fillers, additives, bases, or carriers added. Paraben free, cruelty free.
- Latin name: Lavandula officinalis var. vera
- Family: Lamiaceae (Labiatae)
- Farming Method: Certified Organic
- Extraction Method: steam distillation
- Plant Part: flower tops
- Country of Origin: Bulgaria
Description: a fresh, floral, herbacious, scent with hints of cool, woody and sweet
Used historically to help:
- RELAX and calm the nerves, feelings of stress, anxiety, tension, anger and worry
- SOOTHE inflamed joints and skin, acne, eczema, psoriasis, cold sores, herpes, sunburn
- RELIEVE pain and discomfort of tension headaches and minor burns,
- FIGHT and kill germs, airborne microbes, infectious agents, bacteria, virus and fungus
- REPEL insects including mosquitoes and lice
- EASE sore or aching muscles, muscle spasms, digestive issues, ear aches, insomnia and symptoms of PMS
- HEAL bruises cuts, abrasions, skin blemishes, insect bites and minor burns
- CLEAR congestion, stuffy nose, sinusitis and congested skin
- STIMULATE the immune system, new cell growth and energy with feelings of fatigue, lethargy and nervous exhaustion
- LIFT the spirits
- BALANCE and regulate emotions, cognition, sensory stimulation, energy levels and oil production in the skin
Some methods of use include:
Diffuse: add 4-10 drops Lavender essential oil to 100 mls (3-4 oz) water in your diffuser. Use anytime in any room for a sense of balance or in the bedroom as you retire for the night, to help with insomnia
Bath: add 6-10 drops to a full tub of water. If skin is sensitive, first add to 1 Tablespoon of milk or honey, then to the tub. Soak up to 20 min. for full effect.
Skin application: dilute up to 7 drops Lavender in 1 Tablespoon of carrier oil for body massage, 2-3 drops in a Tablespoon of carrier oil, or unscented lotion, or cream, for use on the face.
Amounts differ by half for use with children over 2yrs, the elderly, or people with sensitive skin.
Compress, HOT: fill a bowl with hot tap water, add 4-6 drops Lavender essential oil, rest a face cloth on the surface of the water, then gently squeeze out excess water and apply to arthritic joints until cloth cools to body temperature. Repeat as necessary.
Compress, COLD: fill a bowl with cold/ice water, add 4-6 drops Lavender essential oil, lay a face cloth on surface of water then gently squeeze out excess water and apply cloth to forehead or temples for headache pain
Blends well with: almost all essential oils, including floral, such as chamomile; citrus, such as mandarin; woods, such as cedarwood; and herbs such as marjoram.
Fragrance Note: Middle
Composition: Linalyl acetate, linalool, lavandulol, lavandulyl acetate, terpineol, cineol, limonene, ocimene, beta caryophyllene.
Cautions: Do not take essential oils internally.
Lavender Essential Oil has countless benefits and applications. It is mild, not normally sensitizing or irritating to the skin, has a beautiful aroma and is a fine choice in any therapeutic or fragrant blend of essential oils which makes it an easy, 'go to' remedy. But as with any Essential Oil, overuse can cause skin irritation or sensitivity. If you love Lavender, don't over use it's Essential Oil on your skin. Be sure to take breaks, as you'll want to keep applying it for many years to come.
Please read our 'How to Use' page for important information before using Essential Oils and for more detailed instructions.