FRANKINCENSE Essential Oil, 'Pure Incense'.
100% pure, natural, HopeWind Health Organic Frankincense Essential Oil. 15 mls/0.5 oz.
Unadulterated, Unfiltered, Undiluted, Vegan. No: fillers, additives, bases, or carriers added. Paraben free, cruelty free.
Description: rich, layered, warm, spicy, woody, deep, calming scent with a hint of sweet balsam
Latin name: Boswellia serrata
Farming method: Certified Organic
Extraction method: Steam distillation
Plant Part: Resin, or “tears”, that form beneath the peeled bark of the tree
Country of Origin: India
Used historically to help:
- CALM the mind and body in stress related issues and nervous tension, PMS
- SLOW the breath rate, encouraging a deeper relaxation
- TONE the skin-great for mature skin
- REDUCE signs of scars, acne, wrinkles, symptoms of cystitis
- HEAL wounds, hemorrhoids, scars
- STIMULATE cell regeneration, most notably cells of the skin
- DECREASE pain with headaches, painful menstruation; congestion, coughs, laryngitis, symptoms of asthma and bronchitis
- BOOST the immune system
- SOOTHE digestive issues, stomach tension, feelings of anxiety
- ELIMINATE waste from the body
- PURIFY the air
- LIFT the spirits
- ATTAIN a meditative state
Some methods of use include:
- Diffuse: 2-4 drops/100ml 3-4 oz water in your diffuser or in a pot of boiled water once removed from heat, to clear the mind or the air, boost the immune system, lift the mood, to relax, or enhance meditation, or yoga practice, or to assist generally with breathing. Add 2-4 drops grapefruit for a fragrance with beautiful balance
- Steam inhalation: to clear breathing passages, with cold, cough, congestion, bronchitis, add 1 drop each Frankincense Lavender and Eucalyptus radiata Essential Oils, to a pot of hot water once removed from heat. Keep eyes closed and inhale the steam. For a more intense inhalation, make a tent with a towel over the head and bowl together, to contain the steam.
- Vaporize: Place 2 drops onto a cotton ball and keep in a small glass jar with a fitted lid. Inhale periodically if asthmatic, feeling down, or anxious.
- Topical application: local, dilute to 3% in carrier oil by adding 6 drops to 1 Tablespoon (15 mls) hempseed, or jojoba oil and apply some of the blend to the lower abdomen to promote overall uterine health, to help ease symptoms of cystitis, or for heavy menstrual flow; or to the entire abdomen for digestive upset.
Apply 2 drops each of lavender, bergamot and frankincense in 1 Tablespoon carrier oil to chest area or forehead and around nose to help break up congestion, or to forehead, temples, or back of the neck for headache.
Dilute further to 2% max. for full body massage. (up to 2 drops Frankincense in 1 teaspoon carrier oil) Use at 0.5% - 2% for skincare, (1% on face). Add up to 1 – 2 drops of Frankincense to 1 teaspoon/5 mls unscented cream or lotion, or to 1 teaspoon of carrier oil, as a facial serum for mature skin.
- Blends well with: grapefruit, bergamot, cypress, lavender, pine, myrrh, rose, sandalwood
Floral note: Base
Composition: among the components is 50% alpha pinene, and slight amounts, (less than 1%), of incensol and incensyl acetate, which lend Frankincense it's distinct aroma.
Cautions: Do not use in pregnancy.
Please read our 'How to Use' page for important information before using Essential Oils and for more detailed instructions.