CEDARWOOD atlas Essential Oil, 'Steadfast and powerful'
100% pure, natural, Organic Cedarwood atlas Essential Oil 15 mls/0.5 oz. Unadulterated, Unfiltered, Undiluted, Vegan. No: fillers, additives, bases, or carriers added. Paraben free, cruelty free.
Latin name: Cedrus atlantica
Farming method: Certified Organic
Extraction method: Steam distillation
Plant Part: Wood
Country of Origin: Morocco
Description: woody, sweet, slightly balsamic and camphorous, warm and soothing. Improves over time.
Used Historically to help:
- CLEAR the air around you and the air throughout the respiratory system
- EASE coughs associated with cold/flu and bronchitis
- INDUCE relaxation and restful sleep
- ENCOURAGE healthy circulation and feelings of romance-used for centuries as an aphrodisiac
- DETER insects from pestering, including mosquitoes and head lice
- BALANCE oily hair and skin
- TREAT dandruff and eczema, urinary tract infections and fungal infections such as athlete's foot
- REDUCE inflammation in cases of, acne, arthritis and rheumatism; congestion, cystitis and PMS, as well as stress and anxiety
Some methods of use include:
- Diffuse/Vaporize: 2-4 drops in 100 ml (3-4 oz) water in your diffuser or in a pot of boiled water once removed from heat
- Steam inhalation: add 1 drop each of Cedarwood Atlas, Eucalyptus radiata and Lemon essential oils to a pot of hot water once removed from heat and with closed eyes, inhale the steam for 1-2 min. Cover your head and the pot together to contain the steam for a more intense inhalation.
- Vaporize: add 1 drop Cedarwood and 2 drops Lavender to a make up remover pad, the round cotton disc type, and slip into your pillow case to help clear breathing and for a restful sleep.
-add 2 drops Cedarwood, 1 drop Pine and 2 drop Sweet Orange essential oils to a cotton ball and pop into your vacuum bag for a lovely scent when cleaning your home.
- Hot compress: fill a bowl with hot tap water and add up to 4-5 drops in total of Cedarwood atlas and Fennel or Eucalyptus radiata. Lay a facecloth on the water then remove and squeeze out excess water from the cloth and apply to joints affected by rheumatism or arthritis. Allow the cloth to cool to body temperature and repeat. If skin is sensitive, first apply carrier oil to the area.
- Sitz bath: to help ease symptoms of cystitis: Add 5 drops Cedarwood 3 drops Juniper, 2 drops Bergamot 5 drops Frankincense and 5 drops Lavender to 4 C sea salts and mix well. Store in an air tight container, (glass jar with a tight fitting lid), in a cool, dark place such as a closet for at least 24 hrs. Mix again each time before use. Use 1/2 cup of the salts in a hip deep bath. Repeat as necessary. Be sure to seek medical attention as this is not a cure for cystitis.
- Hair Care: add 2 drops to 1 teaspoon of unscented shampoo or hair conditioner to balance oily hair or to deter lice
- Topical Application: dilute up to 2% max. for full body massage
-add up to 6 drops to 1 tablespoon, (15 mls) carrier oil either with Cedarwood on its own or 3 drops cedar and 1 drop rose and 2 drops neroli for a massage to enhance a romantic evening or encourage deep relaxation
Blends well with: Citrus essential oils such as Bergamot and Tangerine, Evergreens such as Pine and Cypress, Juniper Berry and with Sandalwood, Rose, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Lavender, Rosemary, Jasmine and Vetiver
Fragrance note: Base
Composition: Alantone, carophylene, cedrol, cadinene
Cautions: Avoid during pregnancy. Do not take essential oils internally. May irritate sensitive skin, use in low dilution 0.5-2% max. for skin application.
Please read our 'How to Use' page for important information before using Essential Oils and for more detailed instructions.